The movie "The Notebook" is an adaptation of the novel by the same title. This romantic story is told by an old man, Duke, reading to an old woman in a nursing home. The emotional roller coaster ride of the movie makes us laugh and cry along with the lead characters, Allie and Noah, who fall in love but are separated by her parents. Years later Allie meets a wealthy soldier, Lon, and becomes engaged to him. When Noah returns, she has to choose between the two men. These quotes from "The Notebook" focus on the miraculous power of love.
- "It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy. She was from the city. She had the world at her feet while he didn't have two dimes to rub together."
- "Look guys… that's my sweetheart in there. I'm not leaving her. This is my home now. Your mother is my home."
- "He Noah got the notion into his head that if he restored the old house where they had come that night, Allie would find a way to come back to him. Some called it a labor of love. Others called it something else. But in fact, Noah had gone a little mad."
- "I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but in one respect I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough."
- "Now you know that I want to give you everything you want. But I can't because they're gone… They're broken."
- "It's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. And we're going to have to work on this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me."
- "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever."
- "I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you every day for a year. It wasn't over… it still isn't over."
- "Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?"
- "I want a white house with blue shutters and a room overlooking the river so I can paint."
- "Do you think our love can make miracles?"
- "It was real, wasn't it? You and me. Such a long time ago, we were just a couple of kids. But we really loved each other, didn't we?"
- "Well, in theory, we're both millionaires, but in reality, we live with a bunch of whores."
- "The way I see it, I got three choices. One, I can shoot him. Two, I can kick the crap out of him. Or three, I leave you. Well, all that's no good. You see, 'cause none of those options gets me you." about Noah