Are you looking for an easy, safe, reliable crystal-growing project? These alum crystals may be the easiest crystals you can grow.
Why This Project Rocks
- Non-toxic crystal (alum is a spice)
- Uses hot tap water, not boiling water
- Easy to do-mix and wait
- Extremely reliable results-crystals will grow
- Only requires a few hours for good crystal growth
- Results in crystals large enough to pick up and examine
Grow Easy Alum Crystal
To grow these crystals you will need:
- 1/2 cup hot tap water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons alum
Simply stir the alum into the water and wait for crystals to grow. Alum crystals usually are visible within a half an hour and reach a good size within a few hours. It's that easy! When the crystals are to your liking, use a fingernail to scrape them off the side of your container. You can examine them and keep them.